Monday, January 11, 2010

The type of music i have strong negative feelings about.

I have strong negative feelings to any "screamo" music. It makes me angry. (I guess thats sort of the point.) I just want to destroy that whole genre of music. I try to be open to all music but this music i close myself off to. It is like devil worshipping music . I don't know, i have heard some buddies listen to it at schoo or before a game. I just say man why would you ever listen to that. I get pissed at them and then walk away. I don't know why, but i truly despise that music. They say "man you don't understand" and maybe i don't but I have nothing to say to them after they listen to screamo. I realize i am being extremely close minded but this music just gives me that attitude.
I don't like what the artists potray. I don't like the identity that goes with listening to that type of music. I don't like the whole production. I am not a fan of "screamo" music. I especially don't like the deep voice devil worshipping crap. Maybe i have listened to the wrong stuff, and because of that i will not listen to that type of music. But after what i heard, i have heard enough. Just writing this blog makes me angry about that kind of music.
In closing I want to say i respect all peoples view on music. If you enjoy screamo music that is great. Their is obviously something there, but its just not for me.

3 comments:

  1. haha i agree with you screamo music is extremely awful, but i can understand how some people enjoy it. it really is quite angry though, i can't see how it could possibly calm someone at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screamo is really.......something. It is very a very angry type of music and difficult to listen to. I don't understand why people listen to it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I can understand your point of view. I dont think screamo is anything special myself. However, I do understand that no two people are alike...even though we are all actually very much alike. It's weird to think about i know, but just go with me here lol. We're all exactly alike, and nothing alike at the same time meaning that we all go through the same things and have the same feelings, but it's all triggered by different things for different people and all our similar emotions are applied to different situations in each individual's life. Understanding that is the key, for me, to understanding how some people can understand, appreciate, or even love screamo music. I can't say I like screamo, but I haven't heard enough of it to say that I hate it ALL. I'm almost positive I can find at least one song that I can at least tolerate

    ReplyDelete